Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Virtual Sampler

  1. #1
    Inactive Member eric144's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2000
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anyone managed to use Virtual Sampler ( 1.6) with cubase and the built in virtual port without crashing the computer (blue screen ) ?


    Thanks


    Eric

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Menno's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I tried Virtual Sampler 1.6 for a while, because then Ed!son was crashing all the time.
    I found VS to be reliable only when you do not use the DirectSound-option, but only put your samples on the TT-card itself.
    There was a big bug? that prohibited me from liking this VS and that is: when giving a sound some release (ADSR) and when the next note played, I heard the release of the previous when the next note started. I think this story it not very clear, but try yourself if playing your notes (in Cubase) and fiddling around with the release gives you trouble. And inform me/the world please.
    Another disadvantage -a matter of taste- is that I'm not able to look at all the parameters at once- like Ed!son
    And the newest Ed!son (version 1.9 13 june 2000) did not crash yet.... cool

  3. #3
    Inactive Member eric144's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2000
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the reply, the problem I am having is with the samples on the card, not direct sound, if I get it sorted then I'll try what you suggested


    Eric

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Menno's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello me again
    you might also have a look at the discussionpages http://www.audioforums.com/ , look under plugins, audio software and misc.
    They have another opinion

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •